Saturday, February 23, 2019
Chris Jones and the Night Drivers in concert with Daytime Workshop
Calgary Irish Cultural Center, 6452 35 Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta T3B 1S4
Doors at 7:00pm
Show at 7:30pm
Chris Jone and The Night Drivers Workshop
- 1:00 - 2:30 - Instrument workshops on bass, mandolin, banjo and guitar (all levels)
- 30 minute break
- 3:00 - 4:30 - Ensemble workshop, song arrangement, harmony singing and performance arts
A wide ranging session of Q and A, performance and teaching.
- Price: $50.00 (all proceeds go to the Artists)
- Location: Calgary Irish Cultural Center , 6452 35 Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta T3B 1S4 (CA).
- Date Time: Saturday, February 23rd, 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- What to Bring? Notebook and recording device
Chris Jones Biography
Whether it’s in the studio or on stage, Chris Jones & The Night Drivers are making some of the most distinctively elegant yet driving music to be heard anywhere today.
The band is led by Chris’ soulful lead-singing, songwriting, and solid rhythm and lead guitar. Chris boasts extensive performance credits as a sideman with artists like Lynn Morris, Vassar Clements, Special Consensus, Dave Evans, Earl Scruggs, and the acclaimed Irish band The Chieftains. Ashby Frank is playing mandolin on this tour, one of bluegrass music’s premier mandolin players, who has played with the Earls of Leicester, The Lonesome River Band, Mountain Heart, Special Consensus, and others. Jon Weisberger, whose playing has made him a sought-after fill-in bass player in Nashville with The Del McCoury Band, the Roland White Band, Larry Cordle, and others, anchors the band’s strong rhythmic foundation. Newest member, Gina Furtado, a driving and innovative banjo player, and another contributor of original material, hails from Front Royal, VA. Mountain Home recently signed her as a solo artist as well, releasing her critically acclaimed album, “True Colors.”